It is made traditionally using all-purpose flour but here I used whole wheat flour and homemade khoya.
You can make instant khoya both on gas stove and in microwave. I mostly make it on gas top, but for dry and crumbly khoya you can make it in microwave, you can get the recipe of instant khoya by clicking on word khoya.
I prefer giving this cake to kids after warming in microwave for 30 seconds as this makes the khoya inside more soft specially during winters and trust me it tastes awesome with some warm milk.
1 + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup grated homemade khoya/mawa
1 cup condensed milk or powdered sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/4 cup thick curd
1 + 1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cardamon powder (elachi powder)
few strands of saffron (kesar) (optional)
1/2 cup nuts of your choice
1. Slice almonds, cashews, pistachios. Coat it with flour. Keep aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
3. In bowl add butter and condensed milk. Beat till creamy and smooth using stand mixer or hand whisker.
4. Add beaten thick curd. Mix gently.
5. Add grated or crumbled mawa. Mix well.
6. Add sifted flour mix. Mix well.
7. Add milk little by little mixing batter meanwhile.
8. Flavor up with cardamom powder and saffron.
9. Mix well.
10. Your smooth and creamy batter is ready.
11. Add some chopped nuts in the batter.
12. Pour batter in greased tin. Top with sliced nuts.
13. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 30-35 minutes or till skewer comes out be clean.
14. Let it cool down completely before cutting.
15. Before serving warm in microwave for 30 seconds and enjoy with warm milk.
1. Slice nuts, coat in flour. Keep aside.
2. Beat together condensed milk and softened butter.
3. Add thick beaten curd.
4. Add grated khoya.
5. Add sifted flour.
6. Add milk.
7. Cardamom powder and some saffron.
8. Smooth and creamy batter is ready.
9. Pour in greased tin and bake at 170°C for 30-35 minutes or till skewer comes out to be clean.
10. Let it come down to room temperature.
11. Warm in microwave before serving for 30 seconds.