Just like their candy counterparts, these cookies consist of three layers – a shortbread cookie on the bottom, creamy caramel in the middle, and chocolate on top. Yum!! Each layer is easy to make, and the only time consuming part is spreading the caramel and chocolate on each cookie. It’s worth it though, when you end up with a small army of delicious Twix cookies. 🙂
We couldn’t stop eating these – they are crunchy and creamy and sweet and delicious. Plus, they look really pretty on a cookie tray!
If you like Twix candy bars, you need to try these cookies – you will love them!
See this link for comments from bakers who tried and LOVED this recipe on Pinterest!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz of caramel (I used Kraft caramel bits)
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- Chocolate layer:
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown on the bottom. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
for full instruction please see : www.whatmegansmaking.com