Turkey Pickle Brined recipe
- 1 gallon of water plus 3 quarts water, divided
- 3/4 cup kosher salt, preferably Diamond Crystal
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3 teaspoons dill seeds
- 4 cups dill pickle brine (from two 24-ounce jars of pickles)
- One 10- to 15-pound turkey
.1- Add 4 quarts (or 1 gallon) of the water, along with the salt, garlic, peppercorns, mustard seed, celery seed and dill seed, to a large stockpot. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
2- Place the braining bag in a large roasting pan or baking pan to support the bottom of the bag. Add the turkey to the braining bag. Pour the brine over the turkey into the bag. Seal the bag, pressing out as much excess air as possible.
3- Return to the refrigerator. Use a Dutch oven lid, cast iron pan or heavy casserole dish to weigh the turkey down so it remains submerged. Brine overnight or for up to 12 hours.
4- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until the brine is no longer steaming. Transfer the brine to the refrigerator until the liquid is cool.
5- Remove brine from fridge and pour in remaining 3 quarts water and pickle brin
Tags brined pickle recipe turkey