Men. Aren’t they the worst to buy for? A girl will pretty much always be happy with a large bunch of flowers. But men? What do you get them as a little “I love you” gift? Cufflinks = Cliché. Socks = Boring. The latest Tag Heuer = erm, a bit out of our price range. Homemade chocolate truffles? Now we’re talking! Totally delicious, completely thoughtful and yet inexpensive. Plus this truffle recipe makes 25 truffles. That’s 10 for him, 15 for you 🙂
Makes 23-25 truffles
- — 16 regular Oreo cookies
- — finely grated zest of 2 large oranges
- — 2 ounces full-fat cream cheese
- — 2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- — 10.5 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate (you can use chocolate chips/discs or regular chocolate broken up)
- — 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- — 2 Tablespoons milk
- — orange food coloring paste
- — red food coloring paste
- Place the Oreo cookies (including the cream center) into a plastic sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the orange zest, cream cheese and the two tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar, then melt 1/3 of the chocolate and pour this into the mixture. Stir together until combined.
for full instruction please see : www.brit.co