Ever since my Most Amazing Chocolate Cake became a viral sensation, people have been begging me to create the Most Amazing White Cake. It took ten rounds of experimentation and testing to perfect the white cake, but I think I’ve finally reached “the one.” I’ll continue with a bunch of tips and trips to give you your best chance at success with this cake. White cakes are more finicky and tricky than chocolate cakes, but when made well, they are absolutely perfect and blow those boxed cake mixes out of the water.
When making a white cake I highly recommend lining the bottom of the cake pan with parchment paper. This prevents a thicker crust forming on the bottom as well as ensures that your cake will come out of the pan in one piece. I used butter to grease my pans for this recipe and I do not flour the pan. Butter only worked best.
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg whites room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk room temperature
- Grease three 9-inch pans. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in almond extract.
- Use a fork to combine the eggs and milk together in a bowl or 2 cup liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
for full recipes please see : thestayathomechef.com