I don’t call things “The Best” all that often, but when I do…I mean it. And these truly are The Best Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, Ever.
I have had a love affair with Peanut Butter Cookies for a very, very long time. In fact, I have over 7 Peanut Butter Cookie recipes already on this blog!
However, I didn’t have a single classic chewy peanut butter cookie recipe. One that is thin, wth crispy edges and a super soft chewy center.
I tried many different recipes, but I could never get them to be better than the chewy peanut butter cookies you get at those kiosks in the mall.
And if I am going to tell you to bake cookies, they dang well better taste better than cookies you can buy!
Then last week, I decided to give my recipe another go with a few more tweaks to the ratios. And BAM! Perfect Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies! I was so excited and Jorge proceeded to eat the entire pan.
I have made these babies 3 times since then and I am officially ready to share the recipe with y’all. It is PERFECT as is. I swear!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
for full instruction please see : thenovicechefblog.com