Teff, which is grown in Ethiopia and used to make injera (the sourdough flatbread), is a super tiny grain with a long list of health benefits. Along with being gluten-free, naturally high in minerals and super tasty, teff also helps you lose weight because of rich copper and high fiber content. Feel free to use amaranth instead if you can’t find teff around you.
- Soak teff seeds in a saucepan filled with 350ml salted water over night. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a 24x28x4cm baking pan with baking paper.
Place drained teff seeds in a large mixing bowl together with quick oats, raisins, cashew nuts and chia seeds.
- Melt coconut oil, maple syrup and cashew butter in a saucepan over low heat until well combined. Add in mashed bananas.
- Pour the cashew butter-banana mixture into the teff mixture. Mix until well combined. Spread the thick mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface and bake for 35-40 minutes until set. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the blueberry jam onto the surface while still warm. Sprinkle the pistachios, cacao nibs and goji berries over. Gently press to adhere. Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store the rest, covered with a plastic film, in the fridge for about 1 week or several weeks in the freezer.