A thick and smooth sweet potato soup with crisp Moroccan spiced chickpeas to make this vegetarian winter warmer extra delicious and flavourful. You can easily veganize this soup serving it with coconut or soya yoghurt instead of Greek yoghurt.
|Soup||Moroccan Spiced Chickpeas|
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and harissa. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add in chopped sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring, for a minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/410F. Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towel. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the oil and Moroccan spice mix in a small bowl. Toss the chickpeas with the spice and season with salt. Spread the chickpeas, in a single layer, on the prepared tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Divide soup among bowls. Top with yoghurt and chickpea mixture and sprinkle with coriander, if using.