It’s a great change from regular paranthas. They are so soft and stays fresh for a longer duration which children can enjoy in school lunch or you can carry it while traveling.
2 cups water
1 cup suji / rawa
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp ghee
1 cup grated potato (Aloo)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (Atta)
1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
1/2 tsp haldi powder (turmeric powder)
1/2 tsp roasted and crushed kasuri meethi
1/2 tsp amchur powder or chaat masala (dry mango powder)
1/2 inch grated ginger
chili to taste
some freshly chopped coriander
Bring water to boil, add suji to it. Reduce the flame to low and add salt and ghee. Keeping the flame low, cook for 2-3 minutes till it combines like dough. Transfer the dough in a plate and let it cool down.
Once suji cools down completely add grated potato, atta, ajwain, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, haldi powder, kasuri meethi, amchur powder, grated ginger, salt and chili and some handful freshly chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything well and make a dough.
Cover and let it rest for 5-10 minutes in fridge. If dough is too loose add some more atta.
Now take golf sized ball from the dough and coat it well in dry atta. Roll the dough with very light hands to give PARANTHA shape. It should not be too thin or thick.
Cook parantha with oil or ghee on pan or tawa.
Serve hot with butter or pack in kids school lunch box.
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Reduce the flame and add suji little by little in hot water.
3. Add salt.
4. Some ghee/ clarified butter.
5. Cook on low flame till it forms thick like dough and combine together.
6. Remove suji in wide plate and let it cool down completely. Once it cool down add salt and spices mentioned.
7. Add grated potato.
9. Mix everything well and make dough. It should not be too soft or too hard. Apply butter over it.
10. Rest it for 10-15 minutes.
11. Take golf sized balls. (like we take for making paranthas)
12. Spread some dry atta on working slab.
13. Roll the dough in dry atta.
14. Roll to make parantha using very light hands.
15. Apply ghee on pan and cook.
16. From both the sides.
17. Apply ghee and cook it like regular parantha.
18. Cook till brown little crisp.
19. Serve hot with butter and curd.
20. Or pack in kids school lunch box.