|I made this salad twice in one week, it’s that good. First time I made it I used feta and second time, used blue cheese. Both are good, I don’t know which one I liked better. I also used sugared pecans (recipe below) but walnuts and almonds would work too. The recipe comes from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice, check out her blog, she has great recipes.|
Ingredients (2 entree salads)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 packed cups chopped romaine hearts
- 1 heaping cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (can also use blue cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I used sugared pecans-recipe below)
- Whisk the honey, vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss the spinach, romaine and strawberries together. Drizzle lightly with dressing and toss. Divide among 2 plates.
- Arrange the chicken over top and sprinkle with feta and walnuts. Serve with additional dressing, salt and pepper. (I didn’t have to use all the dressing)
*sugared pecans (In medium skillet (non stick) heat 2 Tablespoons sugar over medium heat until sugar starts to melt, add 1/2 cup whole pecans and stir to coat. Stir until sugar is melted and nuts are well coated (being careful not to burn the nuts.) Remove from heat, cool, and chop. You may have extra but they make a great snack.