Spicy SPAM® Singapore-style Noodles
If you want an absolutely delicious but quick and easy meal, this is the one for you! SPAM® Chopped Pork & Ham is a versatile store-cupboard ingredient that is made from more than 90% Shoulder Pork & Leg Ham.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 x tin 340g SPAM®, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
5 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1 carrot, cut into strips
1 large handful of beansproats
300g pre-cooked rice noodles
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp crushed dried chillies
1 free-range egg, beaten
2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
1. Heat your wok and then add the oil and chopped SPAM®, cook until starting to brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper. Add the garlic, mushrooms and curry powder, stir fry for 10-20 seconds.
2. Add the carrots, beansproats and SPAM®, stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Now add the noodles and toss in the wok for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir through the soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar; stir well so the noodles are fully coated.
5. Add the beaten egg and stir gently for 1 minute or until the egg is cooked through. Season with crushed dried chillies, it is now ready to serve. Pile into a bowl or serving plate and add the spring onion to garnish. Enjoy!!