Foster Farms is a player in the “New Comfort Food” movement which looks to take recipes out of the box, use local, fresh and high quality products (which by the way are antibiotic free) and change the way you think of comfort food.
Gone is the old school Sweet and Sour Chicken takeout and here today is an amazing Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken that helps you keep your time management in check after you get home from work or school.
With just fifteen minutes of prep time in the morning you can come home, put some rice on the stovetop and by the time it is done cooking you’ll have a fantastic home cooked meal with fresh ingredients instead of takeout!
Comfort Food is moving in a whole new direction these days. People are interested in knowing more about the quality of the products they’re using and where they’re coming from.
Fruits and vegetables are making their way onto the dinner plates with much more frequency and according to a Foster Farms national survey, more than 80 percent choose healthier recipes and more fruits and veggies in their comfort food meals.
- 4 Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion , cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds , optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 1″ chunks
- parsley , for garnish
- Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
for full instruction please see : dinnerthendessert.com