Featuring a refined sugar free hazelnut chocolate spelt crust and filled with a smooth raspberry cream and topped with fresh raspberries and grated white chocolate, this raspberry mascarpone chocolate tart is bound to be a perfect summer favourite. If you are short on time, then skip the crust and just fill the cream in glasses. Feel free to use strawberry or blueberry.
|Chocolate Hazelnut Crust||Raspberry Mascarpone Filling|
- To make the crust, in a medium bowl, using fingertips, rub spelt flour, hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, erythritol granules, butter and a pinch of salt together until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add in iced water and mix with a knife until dough comes together. Shape dough into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured piece of baking paper to 3mm thick. Use the pastry to line the prepared tart pans. Using a fork, prick the bottom of the dough all over and chill for 30 minutes.
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease four 12-cm loose-bottomed tart pans. Line the tart shells with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or baking beans, bake for 12 minutes then remove paper and weights or beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Cook raspberries in a saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until beginning to break down. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. You will need 100 ml raspberry puree. Set aside.
- Process the Mascarpone, sour cream, raspberry puree and erythritol in a food processor until smooth. Add the white chocolate. Process until combined.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Heat in a microwave for 30-40 seconds and stir until completely dissolved. Cool slightly and add the gelatine mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish the tartlets with fresh raspberries, grated white chocolate and mint leaves. Serve immediately.