These raspberry sweet rolls were a favorite with everyone at Easter this past weekend. What’s not to love about raspberries, cream cheese and buttery yeast bread? The dough is a family favorite used in our traditional cinnamon rolls. The raspberry and cream cheese filling in these rolls is a new twist, making them perfect for Spring brunch.
I’m super partial to this sweet yeast dough recipe. All the butter and eggs in the dough make it super soft and moist. The dough for these rolls can be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator to rise until morning. Then in the morning, take out the dough and roll it out. That takes out some of the waiting time involved. A bit time intensive yes, but worth every minute.
These rolls use my favorite basic sweet yeast dough recipe as the base. For extra tips and tricks and a tutorial on how to make the perfect dough, be sure to check out that post before you make these!
For the Dough
- 1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, well softened, but not melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Raspberry Filling
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk.
- Proof the yeast in the warm milk for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Whisk in the sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir in the flour until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for a few minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Toss the raspberries in the cornstarch right before rolling out the dough.
for full instruction please see : chocolatewithgrace.com