2 large peeled raw potatoes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour or rice flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
1 finely chopped spring onion leaves (optional)
2 well beaten eggs (optional) substitute egg with 1/2 cup of milk
salt and black pepper to taste
Grate potatoes on big holes of grater. Keep in kitchen cloth. Turn it round and squeeze as tightly as possible, it will help potato to squeeze its water without any mess.
Transfer in a deep bowl, add grated cheese, spring onion, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Mix well.
Beat egg well. Add in potato mix.
You can substitute egg with 1/2 cup milk, see the texture below in pic to get an idea of right texture. Add milk little by little and keep mixing, if required add more milk. Adding milk won’t give nice brown colour and crispy texture as egg.
The dough should not be loose it should hold all the ingredients like paste.
Heat some oil on griddle or pan, with the help of ice-cream scooper, add a scoop over it and press lightly to give a round and nice shape.
Cook on medium to high flame from both the sides till it is brown and cooked well.
Serve hot or pack in kids tiffin.
1.Grate potato on bigger holes.
2. It’s done.
3. Keep in kitchen towel.
4. Turn it around.
5. Squeeze it to take out excess water of potato.
6. Remove from towel.
7. Add chopped spring onion.
8. Add salt, pepper and flour, cheese and garlic powder.
9. Mix well beaten egg.
10. Drizzle some oil on pan, take a full scoop of ice-cream scooper.
11. Put over hot oil.
12. Press it flat with the help of spoon or fork.
13. Flip and cook from other side.
14. Serve it with tomato sauce in breakfast or pack in kids tiffin.