Brownie + peanut butter + chocolate + rice cereal = THE BEST THING EVER.
Todays recipe mash-up is proudly brought to you by my insatiable love for brownies, peanut butter and chocolate! This sweet treat is the best of all three.
It begins with a soft, cakey cocoa brownie base, followed by a creamy peanut butter filling and then a crispy chocolate topping made with Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies.
Three beautiful layers that transform into one mouthwatering dessert. Can I get a holler from any other peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there?
We’ve covered so many peanut butter delights here on Sweetest Menu. From Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to Peanut Butter Poke Cakes and Peanut Butter and Jelly Brownies. So I KNOW you love peanut butter and chocolate too.
- Chocolate brownie
- 115 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) plain flour
- Peanut butter filling
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 375 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) smooth peanut butter
- 220 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) icing or powdered sugar
- Chocolate crunch topping
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 40 grams (1 cup) Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and the egg yolk. Then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Pour the brownie batter in the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter filling, add the butter, peanut butter and icing sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric to combine until smooth (you could use wooden spoon if you prefer). Spread the peanut butter filling on top of your brownie and smooth the top. Pop back into the fridge.
for full recipes please see : www.sweetestmenu.com