Somewhere along the way, I picked up the belief that it’s completely fine to have chocolate for breakfast as long as it’s served in an appropriate breakfast way. So basically brownies for breakfast = bad, but chocolate muffins for breakfast = totally okay! If some peanut butter gets added to the mix it’s even better – peanut butter is absolutely breakfast appropriate and only further legitimizes the whole chocolate for breakfast thing. Right?
So when you make these – and you will because – hello! – chocolate for breakfast! – you’ll want to super-size them by filling each muffin slot/hole/well/whatever you call it to just below the rim. That way you’ll get eight sort of jumbo muffins, which is the best way to maximize the chocolate and peanut butter wonderfulness. Pile on some chocolate chips and you’ll turn what would have been a boring weekday morning into an “oh my god I love my life!” weekday morning. Seriously, chocolate for breakfast will do that for you. Oh, and a strong cup of coffee – that helps, too.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, for tops of muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a standard sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside the bowl aside. In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, melted butter, egg, milk, and sugar. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, stirring until just combined.
for full instruction please see : www.girlgonegourmet.com