Let’s talk about peaches. I’ll be totally honest. I don’t love peaches. Or should I say I didn’t love peaches…until now. You all know by now that I’m super picky about my fruit. Peaches have never been a favorite. We had peach trees in our backyard growing up so most of my experience with peaches were hot and rotting in the Arizona sun.
My fruit has to be pristine. Like fresh out of the Garden of Eden pristine.
I was recently at my grocery store and stopped in my tracks to admire the peaches. For those of you that know me well know how big a deal that is. The peaches were as big as my hand and glorious. Just to the eye alone they were perfect but the texture, the taste (I found out later)…everything about them were begging me, inspiring me to make something out of them.
They were so good that we ate the first batch and I had to go to the store the next day to get more peaches to make the recipe.
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh peaches, pitted, peeled (if desired) and sliced 1/4 inch thick (a 29 ounce can of canned peaches well drained can be substituted but don’t add the sugar below)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Base Layer:
- 1 (3.4 ounce) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix (not insant)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of 10-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss together the peaches and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
- For the Base Layer: In a mixing bowl, mix together pudding mix, flour, baking powder and salt. Add in milk, butter and egg. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
for full recipes please see : www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com