This time with much more healthier version with added paneer. Paneer have huge health benefits, making french toast out of it makes it all the more yummy and special.
Do try this new version of french toast after pizza french toast, mushroom french toast, cheese french toast, jam french toast and apple french toast. I am sure your kids and family will love.
1 large finely chopped onion
2 mediums sized finely chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp roasted and crushed kasuri meethi
1/2 tsp chaat masala ( optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp oregano or mixed herbs
1/2 tsp black pepper
10-12 bread slices
1 tbsp cornflour
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
Oil and butter for cooking
Heat oil in pan, add chopped onion and saute till golden in color.
Add chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook till soft and tender. Add salt, coriander powder. Mix well.
Add grated paneer. Mix well. Add roasted and crushed kasuri meethi.
Turn off the flame and keep aside to cool. If you’re planning to give this in school lunch box then prepare paneer mix a night prior and store in fridge.
Prepare egg batter by mixing egg, milk, salt, pepper, oregano. Beat well.
Take bread slices and trim the edges.
Mix cornflour and water, make thick slurry. Keep aside
Using rolling pin, roll the bread flat, don’t over do it.
Keep paneer filling at one side. Add extra cheese. Roll the bread in cylindrical form. Seal the edges by applying cornflour paste and then press gently to keep it intact. In case bread opens or breaks don’t worry just press it gently between your palms and immediately dip in egg batter and cook. Diping in egg batter will stop the breakage.
Dip bread roll in the egg batter and cook on hot pan or tawa on medium to high flame, rolling other side and then cook from the ends.
Pack in kids school lunch box or serve in breakfast.
1. Heat some oil in heavy bottomed pan, saute onions till it turns brown in color.
2. Add chopped tomatoes.
3. Add salt, sauce and all the spices mentioned above except for kasuri meethi.
4. Once tomatoes are soft add grated paneer.
5. Don’t over cook paneer, turn off the flame and add kasuri meethi.
6 Mix well and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Keep aside to cool down.
7. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, salt, pepper, oregano and milk.
8. Make thick paste of cornflour and water.
9. Take bread slices, trim the edges.
10. Keep paneer filing towards one end of the bread. Top with extra cheese.
11. Start rolling.
12. Seal the ends with cornflour paste.
13. Press with light hands to seal.
14. Like this.
15. Dip it in egg batter.
16. Toast on tawa on pan.
17. Roll to cook all the sides.
18. Slice and serve.
19. Slice or pack in kids school lunch box.