250 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
oil for deep frying
1 cup hung curd
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasuri meethi
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust according to your taste)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp salt or adjust according to your taste
1 cup cornflakes / oats or breadcrumbs (I used 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup bread crumbs, you can use either of it)
1/2 cup cornflour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
water to make medium consistency batter
Cut paneer in long strip shape, as shown in pic below. Keep aside.
For marination, take hung curd, whisk well and mix all the ingredients mentioned under it. Coat each paneer strip evenly with curd mix. Keep this in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
Prepare coating by mixing cornflour, all-purpose flour and salt. Add water to make medium consistency batter. Dip paneer in cornflour batter and coat in oats-breadcrumbs mix. Deep fry in hot oil and serve.
1. Don’t cut paneer strips very thin or it will break easily while marinating. It should be of medium size.
2. Make sure to use ONLY hung curd.
3. Keep spices on a little higher side while marinating as after coating in cornflour it looses some of it’s flavor.
4. I used mix of oats and breadcrumbs, you can use either of it.
1. Cut paneer in thick strips.
2. Whisk hung curd.
3. Add all the ingredients mentioned under marination.
4. Coat paneer in marination.
5. Add all over well.
6. Keep it in fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Spread breadcrumbs and oats in plate.
8. Mix together cornflour, all-purpose flour and salt.
9. Dip paneer in batter.
10. Coat well in oats-breadcrumbs mix.
11. If you are planning to make this for some get together or party, store like this in fridge. I made this in morning for evening party at my home and deep fried just before serving.
12. Deep fry and serve hot.