This recipe can be served in breakfast or works wonder in birthday parties as it consumes very less time and tastes very good.
Serves: 10-12 round breads
1 small finely chopped onion
1 large finely chopped tomato
200 gm small cubes of paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tbsp schezwan chutney or sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp butter
salt to taste
5-6 bread slices (white / brown or multi-grain)
1/4 cup grated cheese (mozzarella or processed) or 2-3 cheese slice
handful of spring onion (green part) (optional)
Add oil in pan, add chopped onion and saute till it sweats don’t turn it brown. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook till mushy and combine well with onions.
Add tomato sauce, schezwan sauce, salt. Mix well. Now add small chopped cubes of paneer. Mix well till sauce is nicely coated with it.
Add freshly chopped spring onion or finely chopped coriander leaves. Keep aside.
Take bread slices, cut in circular shape using bowl.
Apply butter on slices. Place 2-3 tbsp paneer sauce mix over it.
Put cheese slice ( I broke it into 4 parts and used on 2 slices) or add grated cheese on top.
Bake in pre heated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or till crispy.
Instead of oven you can even toast in pan with some butter. Keep on low flame, cover and toast till crispy.
Serve hot or pack in kids school Tiffin box.
1. Make sure to use small cubes of paneer.
2. Do take taste test as 2 tbsp of schezwan was balanced for my kids. You can reduce or add according to your taste.
1. Add oil and saute onions till fragrant, don’t turn it brown.
2. Add finely chopped tomatoes.
3. Add schezwan chutney and tomato sauce. Mix well.
4. I used this.
5. Add small cubes of paneer.
6. Mix well till it’s well coated. Add green spring onion.
7. Cut bread in cubes. Apply butter on it.
8. Place paneer mix. Top it with cheese.
9. Melt some butter in pan.
10. Place bread rings, cover and toast on low flame till crispy.
11. Or bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
12. Serve in breakfast or pack in kids school tiffin.