6-7 betel leaves (Paan ke Patte)
2 tbsp gulkand
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/4 cup milk for making paste
1 cup milk if sweetened whipping cream or 1/2 cup condensed milk if unsweetened whipping cream
1 cup whipping cream / Heavy cream
3 tbsp milk powder
colourful saunf for decoration
In blender jar, mix together betel leaves, gulkand, saunf and 1/4 cup milk. Blend all the ingredients well to make smooth and fine paste. Keep aside.
Place a bowl and whipper attachment in freezer for 15-20 minutes in which you are going to whip the cream or you can place plenty of ice under the bowl and then whip the cream.
Whip cream till fluffy and soft peaks are formed. Add milk powder and whip for a minute. Add milk and whip again for 1-2 minute till milk is well incorporated.
Finally add paan (betel leaves) mixture and mix well.
Transfer this in air-tight jar and let it freeze for 10-12 hours.
Scoop and enjoy!
1. Blend together betel leaves, gulkand, saunf .
2. Add milk.
3. Blend to make smooth and fine paste.
4. It’s done.
5. Take chilled cream in chilled bowl.
6. Whip cream and add milk powder.
7. Keep till soft peaks are formed.
8. Add milk and whip again for 1-2 minutes.
9. This is the consistency we are looking for.
10. Now add betel leaves puree.
11. Mix well.
12. Transfer this in air-tight jar and keep in freezer for 10-12 hours.
13. Scoop and enjoy!
14. Decorate with some colourful saunf and serve.