This is one of the moist and tender cake which will give you many wows!!
My kids love it most after chocolate cake. I am sure yours will fall in love too!
The glaze makes it more moist and soft from inside, though it is completely optional.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup softened butter (room temperature)
3 medium or 2 large eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp orange zest
For Orange Syrup:
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar till creamy and light using whisker or stand mixer.
3. Beat eggs one at a time while mixing continuously.
4. Grate orange outer skin to get the zest. Add in the eggs mixing well.
5. Squeeze fresh juice from orange and add. Add milk.
6. At this stage you will find the batter curdled, don’t worry just move to the next step.
7. Add sifted flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix till incorporated well.
8.You will have little sticky batter, that’s the perfect consistency.
9. Grease loaf pan or any baking pan with butter, place parchment paper. Pour the batter.
10. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or till skewer comes out to be clean.
1.For egg-less version substitute egg with 3/4 cup thick curd.
2. I baked both round and loaf at different time and sharing both the pics.
2. Wash and grate orange skin to get zest.
3. Squeeze out fresh juice, strain and keep aside.
4. Mix together sugar, butter and vanilla.
15. It’s done, let it come cool down a bit.
16. Using toothpick or fork prick all over the cake so that glaze get absorb inside.
17. Like this.
18. Closer look.
1. Take equal quantity of both sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice.
2. Cook on medium flame stirring till sugar melts completely.
3. Like this.
4. With the help of spoon spread all over.
5. You will immediate glaze and shine.
6. Leave it for 15-20 minutes before serving.
7. Slice and serve.
8. Closer look of super soft and super moist orange cake!