You need to keep few tips in mind while making this, it needs to be cooked on medium flame not on low flame and other thing is to flip it fast to avoid breakage.
If you keep these simple things in mind you will end up this yummy and healthy breakfast. You can even pack it in kids tiffin box.
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cup water
1 chopped onion
1/2 inch finely chopped ginger
2-3 pods finely chopped garlic (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
salt and green chili to taste (I didn’t add chili due to kids)
handful freshly chopped coriander leaves
oil for cooking pancake
1. In a large bowl add oats, onion, ginger-garlic, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, salt and green chili.
2. Mix well, add water.
3. Keep this batter aside for 30-45 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, mix well.
5. Heat pan, spread oil and pour ladle full of batter and spread it with very light hand, don’t be rough.
6. Keep flame medium and cook till it turns brown, and flip only once that side is cooked.Don’t be in hurry to flip, before flipping make sure the side is cooked well or it will result in broken pancakes.
7. Be quick in flipping, this is the most tricky part, even if it breaks while flipping, don’t worry keep cooking, you might not get perfect shape still you will have tasty chila.
8. Enjoy with coconut chutney.
1. Oats are not required to be roasted here.
2. You can add tomatoes, roasted urad dal, chana dal for extra flavor.
3. Using non-stick pan is advisable for best result.
4. Keep flame medium not low.
5. The only challenge while making these pancakes is filliping them. For best results, keep flame medium not low, flip only when it’s cooked and brown from one side and be quick in flipping.
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Add water.
3. Keep batter aside for 30 minutes.
4. Batter after 30 minutes.
5. Brush oil over non-stick pan, around 2-3 tbsp. Pour full of batter. cook on medium flame.
6. Flip only when it is brown.