Welcome! These oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter bars are a readers favorite here on the blog. They are also a favorite with my own family.
I figure since I make them so often I might as well get some updated and prettier pictures for you all to look at. Thanks for being here and I hope you love these like we do.
We love these cookie bars. Like really LOVE them! These oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter bars were one of the very first recipes I posted here on Together as Family. They have been made literally hundreds of times since.
I have made them so many times that I don’t even need the recipe anymore…… Not sure if I should be embarrassed by that or proud?!? 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-grain old fashioned oats not quick oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips semisweet or milk chocolate (I always use the miniature chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar until fluffy looking and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
for full recipes please see : togetherasfamily.com