Oh hello Easter desserts, let me count the ways I love you.. Did I tell you that I didn’t even really like cheesecake before the infamous Creme Egg No Bake Cheesecake? I was never too keen on the texture, until I fiddled with the recipes I’d tried before and came up with my own.
It was suddenly lighter and fresher, more cream, a bit less cheese, definitely not baked. A cheesecake epiphany if you will. Of course, any recipe in our house gets extra credit if it’s simple and quick enough for 1. me to make amidst the chaos of family life and 2. for the kids to help. My basic no bake cheesecake fits all of these criteria (oh and tastes bloomin’ lush too, even if I do say so myself).
But then, shocker, people have been mentioning that they don’t like Cadbury’s Creme Eggs. Which camp are you in, Cadbury’s Creme Eggs YAY or Cadbury’s Creme Eggs No WAY?!
- 280 g Digestive Chocolate Biscuits
- 140 g Butter Unsalted, melted
- 360 g Mini Cadbury’s Mini Eggs plus 270g to decorate (about 7 small bags in total)
- 550 ml Double cream plus 50ml to decorate (lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks)
- 140 g Icing Sugar sifted
- 2 x 280g Tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Full fat
- Juice of half a lemon
- Crush the biscuits until they look like lumpy sand. (I did mind in a food processor because I’m very lazy..)
- Mix with the melted butter and press into your 7″ tin.
- Chop the 360g of the Mini Eggs in half.
- Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and chopped Mini Eggs. Fold in gently until fully combined.
for full recipes please see : www.tamingtwins.com