A favourite teatime treat transformed into a luscious cheesecake
- 175g shortbread fingers
- 40g butter, melted
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300ml single cream
- 2 x 300g tubs Basics full-fat soft cheese
- 75g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 50g chocolate chips
- 50g mini fudge chunks
- 60g Basics dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp caramel from a tin
- Keeps for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Oil and line a 900g loaf tin with baking paper. Keep back one shortbread finger to decorate, then crush the rest to fine crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter then press into the base 6 of the tin, packing them down evenly. Chill in the fridge or freezer while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Add the sheets of gelatine to a bowl of cold water and leave to soften. Pour 150ml of the cream into a small pan and bring just to the boil. Take off the 7 heat, squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and add to the hot cream. Set aside.
for full recipes please see : www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk