A lightly sweetened yeast bread filled with homemade mango curd. Perfect to go with a cup of tea for a satisfying and delicious breakfast. Mango curd filling can be replaced with lemon curd or vanilla custard. If you fancy a richer bread roll, use cinnamon roll dough instead.
- Combine flour, dried yeast, raw sugar, salt, warm milk, and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Attach the dough hook and turn the mixer on to the lowest speed and mix until flour is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Increase speed to medium and knead for 5 minutes until soft and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Grease a 6-cavity jumbo muffin tin with butter. Remove the towel or plastic wrap and gently punch down the dough. Divide the dough into 6 portions. Shape each into a ball. Cover with the damp cloth for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each ball and roll into a disc. Place 20 grams of mango curd in the middle of the disc. Pinch the seams to seal. Place it in the muffin cup. Repeat with the rest of dough balls.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Brush the tops with bread with egg. Bake the bread for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.