1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 spring onion (both bulb and green part) (optional)
1 medium sized finely chopped carrot
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
6-7 finely chopped beans
2 tbsp oil
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp tomato sauce
2 tsp chili sauce
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
4 cups of water
2- 3 tbsp cornflour
250 gm noodles
water for boiling noodles
oil for frying noodles
1. Take wok or pan, heat oil, add finely chopped ginger-garlic. Saute till fragrant don’t turn it brown, add chopped beans saute on high flame, add spring onion saute, add carrot, saute. Add cabbage and saute on high flame.
2. Keeping the flame high add vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce and sugar. Mix well.
3. Add water and cover with lid and let it boil, after one boil, reduce the flame to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes to get stock of all the veggies.
4. After 5 minutes, dissolve cornflour in 1/4 cup water and put in soup, let it simmer for another 2 minutes, if you want it more thick add more cornflour.
5. Add salt, mix well.
For fried noodles:
Boil 2-3 cups of water in heavy bottomed pan. Add noodles cook 90% done. Strain the excess water. Keep aside in colander.
Once it’s dried. Deep fry in hot oil till golden in colour. Keep aside.
Serve with hot soup.
1. Chop all the veggies and let’s get started.
2. Add little oil and saute ginger-garlic till aromatic.
3. Saute beans for a minute.
4. Add carrot and onion of spring onion (not green part).
5. Cabbage and saute all together for a minute on high flame.
6. Soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
7. Tomato sauce and chili sauce.
9. Add water.
10. Close the lid and let it simmer on low flame for 5 minutes.
11. In a bowl add 1/2 cup water, mix cornflour, add in soup.
12. Mix well. Add salt.
13. It’s all done.
For Fried Noodles:
1. Boil water and add noodles to cook.
2. Cook till 90% done.
3. Strain the noodles.
4. Heat oil, deep fry.
5. For fast and more crunchy noodles, Take out noodles when it half brown.
6. Hold it out for 1-2 minutes, by this time let oil become more hot. Then again drop in oil, this will make noodles more crunchy and will turn brown faster.
7. It’s done. Keep aside.
8. Serve hot!
9. Add fried noodles just before serving.