1 cup (around 15-20 pieces) Digestive biscuits (I used Marie)
5 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp powdered sugar
4 egg yolks
1 can / tin condensed milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In food processor add roughly crushed biscuits and pulse to make smooth fine powder. Add powdered sugar and melted butter. Pulse again to blend the ingredients together.
2. Transfer into a pie pan and press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of pie pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes or till its lightly brown in pre-heated oven at 180° C and let it cool completely.
4. For Filling: In a bowl or using hand beater whisk egg yolks till creamy and light yellow. I used stand mixer as shown in the pic below. Add condensed milk and lemon juice. Whisk till well combined.
5. Pour the mixture on cooled base and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Let it cool down completely and transfer in refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight.
7. Slice and serve!
1. Make sure to use room temperature eggs.
2. After getting baked the pie might rise but after coming down to room temperature it will settle down.
3. It’s important to refrigerate it in fridge for several hours best is to keep overnight.
4. To check whether pie is baked, shake the pan slightly and filling should not wobble at all.
1. Roughly crush biscuits and blend in food processor.
2. Make a fine powder.
3. Add melted butter.
4. Powdered sugar.
5. Pulse again to combine all the ingredients.
6. Transfer onto pie pan.
7. Spread it evenly all over the pie pan and on the edges too. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or till it’s slight brown.
8. Let it cool down.
9. For filling take 4 egg yolks.
10. Add condensed milk.
11. Lemon juice.
12. Whisk till well combined.
13. Filling is ready.
14. Pour over the cooled base. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
15. Let it come down to room temperature. Transfer in fridge overnight to set.
16. After setting overnight.
17. More pic!
18. Some more!!
19. A perfect slice!