Since it’s made with one of the healthiest ingredient lauki, it tastes very smooth and one feels very light after having it.
The best part of this pudding is that kids just love it and being a mother there is a great sense of satisfaction to feed kids with something healthy which they don’t like to have it in form of vegetable.
I am sure your kids too gonna fall in love with this pudding, so try it today and share your feedback under the comment section below.
3 cups grated lauki
1 cup condensed milk
1 litre full cream milk
1/2 cup sugar
2-3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
few strands of saffron (kesar)
1 tsp cardamom powder (elachi powder)
nuts of your choice (I used almonds, cashews, raisins and pistachios)
1. Grate lauki and keep aside for 15 minutes so that it releases it’s natural water. Squeeze out excess water from lauki using your hands.
2. Chop almonds, cashews. Heat ghee in heavy bottomed pan, roast raisins, keep aside. Using same ghee roast almonds and cashews. Keep aside.
3. Add grated lauki in same ghee and saute it for 20-25 minutes on low flame stirring in between. Make sure to saute lauki till all the water is completely absorbed.
4. While lauki is getting saute boil milk in heavy bottomed pan with some saffron and cardamom in it. After boil simmer on low flame for 15-20 minutes, keep stirring in between.
5. Once lauki is dry add milk mix well. Cook on medium to low flame.
6. Add condensed milk and sugar to it.
7. Mix well and cook till it thickens.
8. Once it’s thick add roasted nuts in it.
9. Serve warm in winters and chilled in summers.
1. I had a huge lauki and got 3 cups of grated lauki, if you have less than 3 cups of lauki adjust sugar accordingly. Chilled kheer will taste less sweet so keep sugar level little high.
2. It’s very important to saute lauki very well otherwise milk will curdle and little bitter taste will be there.
1. Grate lauki and keep aside.
2. In heavy bottomed pan, add ghee and roast raisins. Keep aside.
3. Now add almonds and cashews.
4. Roast and keep aside.
5. Squeeze out the excess water from lauki.
6. Saute lauki till water is completely absorbed.
7. While you saute lauki on the other side, boil milk with cardamom powder and saffron strands.
8. Simmer on low flame and keep stirring in between.
9. Once lauki is completely dry add milk.
10. Cook on low to medium flame.
11. Add condensed milk.
12. Add sugar. Cook till it thickens.
13. Add roasted nuts.
14. Some pistachios.
15. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
16. Garnish with some more nuts.
17. Top view.
18. Close view.