Dates and Fig ice-cream is very delicious and creamy. It’s a healthy and smart way of feeding kids these 2 magical ingredients (Dates and Fig) which have many benefits from increasing hemoglobin level to keeping belly healthy. It is rich in potassium, calcium and iron.
1 cup whipping cream
18-20 dates or khajoor
8-10 figs or anjeer
1 cup water
1/4 cup milk powder
1 cup milk
Keep mixing bowl in which you will whip the cream in freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
Remove the seeds from dates and wash. In a pan, add 1 cup water and dates and figs, if you are using un-sweetened cream add 1/2 cup sugar in it. Cook on low to medium flame till the time water is absorbed.
Keep aside till it comes to room temperature. With the help of blender or food processor make coarse paste of it.
Take out whipping bowl from the freezer. Add chilled cream and whip till soft peaks are formed. Add milk powder and whip for a minute, add milk and finally add dates-anjeer paste. Whip for another minute to incorporate all the ingredients well.
Now watch video of this recipe here: Dates and fig ice-cream
1. Keep whipping bowl in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
2. Wash and de-seed dates and wash figs.
4. If using unsweetened cream add sugar in water.
6. Cook dates and fig on low flame.
7. Mash it with the help of spoon as it becomes easier to blend.
8. Once water is absorbed blend it coarsely.
9. Take out the whipping bowl from freezer and whip the cream.
10. Whip till soft peaks are formed.