Rich, delicate, moist and chewy – – these easy low carbs, gluten free hazelnut chocolate cookies are perfect for grab-and-go and an ideal treat for cookie fans on low carbs or anyone who follows keto diet. If you want to make them paleo friendly, just replace psyllium husk powder with arrowroot powder. Also almonds or macadamias can be used in the place of hazelnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a large baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place chopped butter in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high until butter is melted, about 30 seconds. Take out and cool slightly.
- Place the hazelnut meal, psyllium husk powder, arrowroot powder, erythritol and baking powder in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add in melted butter, egg and vanilla and mix well to combine. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball. Place the cookie balls on the prepared baking tray, leaving 5cm between each to allow room for spreading. You will have 12 cookie balls.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on trays before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.