I often make hung curd sandwich both in toffee shape and in simple sandwich form and it’s liked by my kids quite a lot.
This time I experimented with hung curd in altogether a different way and it turned out to be really yummy with blasted flavors in mouth.
The best part is this sandwich stays fresh and soft for longer hours which kids can enjoy at any time in school.
Do try this recipe I am sure your kids gonna fall in love with this healthy and yummy sandwich.
Serves: 10-12 pieces
1 cup hung curd
1/3 sandwich spread or mayonnaise
1 TSP sugar
1/2 TSP salt
1 TSP tomato sauce
1 TSP oregano or mixed herbs
1/2 TSP chili flakes.
1/2 TSP black pepper ( optional)
1 small finely chopped cucumber
1 small sized finely chopped tomatoes
1 small sized finely chopped green onion or regular onion
8-10 bread slices
Make hung curd by hanging it. To know how to make hung curd click here.
Chop tomatoes, remove it’s seeds and keep aside so that excess water comes out.
Take a large bowl, add hung curd, spread, salt, pepper, sugar, oregano, chili flakes and tomato sauce.Give a good mix.
Add chopped cucumber, spring onion, De-seeded tomatoes. Mix well. Though can even add boiled corns and bell peppers. Take a taste test and adjust salt and other flavors accordingly if required.
Take bread slices, trim the edges. Spread the mix generously. Cover with another slice. If your bread is not soft and fresh, warm it little bit to make it soft. Here we don’t want crispy and hard bread.
Slice and pack in kids school lunch box or serve in breakfast.
1. Don’t over toast bread. Keep it soft to enjoy it better.
2. If using plain mayonnaise increase the amount of salt little bit.
1. In a big bowl, add hung curd and sandwich spread.
2. This is the spread I used.
3. Add chili flakes.
4. Salt, sugar, pepper, oregano and tomato sauce.
5. Mix well.
6. Add cucumber, spring onion, de-seeded tomatoes.
7. Trim the edges of the bread, of required slightly warm the bread to make it soft.
8. Cover with other slice.
9. Pack in kids school tiffin with some beetroot halwa.