Are you a fan of those breads from the grocery store’s bakery department, you know, the one’s with that deliciously crunchy crust and soft, fluffy inside? Yep, this bread tastes just like that. Personally, I think it tastes even better!! It sounds fancy and complicated, but trust me on this one, it’s not. In fact, there’s no kneading whatsoever
The night before you want to make the bread, you mix up your flour, salt, yeast and water with a big spoon. I like to make this a Parmesan and rosemary bread, so I also stirred in some minced rosemary and a handful of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Looks kind of ugly doesn’t it? Now just cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit out on your counter overnight and throughout the next day. So there is a bit of prep with this bread, in that you have to plan ahead and make it the night before. But that’s the only “work” there is with this bread. Seriously.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- 1/3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, yeast, cheese and rosemary. Pour in water, use a wooden spatula to combine. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit on your counter for 12-18 hours (I’ve even done up to 24 hours).
- When ready to bake your bread, preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Add cast iron dutch oven (with the lid on) to the oven, so it preheats along with the oven itself.
for full instruction please see : www.thechunkychef.com