I don’t know about you, but as soon as the weather gets warm I’m all about the refreshing drinks! There’s nothing quite so satisfying as sipping on a delicious homemade lemonade while watching the kids play outside in the sunshine. We’re getting our first signs of spring where we live and I’m already dreaming up all kinds of refreshing lemonade recipes – like this Healthy Strawberry Lemonade!
Healthy Strawberry Lemonade drink with straws in mason jar
Typical lemonade can be so high in calories and packed with unnecessary sugar. Here in Europe when you order a lemonade in a restaurant it’s usually a lemon juice concoction with no sugar at all – just some honey on the side so you can sweeten it to your taste! Whenever we dine out in the summer, I don’t hesitate to let the kids order a lemonade in a restaurant because I know the only sweetness comes from whatever fruit is added and a little bit of honey. It’s really the perfect way to make lemonade, and we’ve started making it like this at home too!
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey (liquid honey is best)
- juice of 7 lemons (each lemon produces about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1-2 cups ice (optional)
- 3-4 cups sparkling water (less if using ice)
- lemon slices, fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Add the water, honey, lemon juice, strawberries and ice (if using) to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until frothy and smooth.
for full instruction please see : thebusybaker.ca