So, I know that all of you are dying for pasta and booze right now, but smoothies are still a daily part of this gal’s life. I’m still going strong on 80 day obsession, so can you hold off a bit until the indulgences start? 😎
I have a smoothie every morning, and winter gets suuuuuuper tough when it comes to keeping things fresh and new. Winter citrus though, it always surprises me. I never would have thought that adding lemon to a smoothie would be a good idea, until I tried out my new favorite green smoothie. Lemon adds so much brightness! It’s different, it’s tasty, it’s soooo healthy. WINNING!
This coconut smoothie has both a super tart kick to it from the lemon, and also that tropical sweetness from the coconut. You get the best of both worlds here.
It sort of feels like you’re drinking some sort of tangy dessert. But for breakfast. The yogurt makes this smoothie super creamy and luscious, the lemon keeps it tart and tangy, and the coconut makes it sweet and desserty. Can you get behind that?
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Optional for garnish: coconut flakes, lemon slices
- Puree the coconut flakes and water in a high speed blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree until smooth. Garnish with coconut flakes and lemon slices (optional). Enjoy!
for full instruction please see : www.rhubarbarians.com