Goats Milk Yogurt & Oat Savoury Waffles topped with Poached Eggs & Guilt-Free Yogurt Hollandaise
An absolutely delicious way to start the day!
Light, Crisp & flourless savoury waffles topped with a poached egg and lashings of goats’ milk yogurt hollandaise that you can enjoy without any guilt! I much prefer this Guilt Free Yogurt Hollandaise sauce better than the full fat version because while super creamy, and decadent it’s so much lighter!
St Helen’s Farm Goats Milk yogurt is creamy & smooth, gentle on the stomach, easy to digest and tastes amazing.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For the waffles:
150g oats (gluten free if desired)
150ml goats milk yogurt
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp mustard powder
¼ tsp smoked paprika
2 heaped tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
80ml goats milk, semi-skimmed
2 eggs, beaten
A pinch of salt & pepper
A few sprays of cooking spray, to grease the waffle machine
For the Guilt Free Yogurt Hollandaise:
250g goats milk yogurt
3 egg yolks
1 tsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ – ½ tsp cornflour (optional)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cumin
A good pinch of salt, pepper, chilli flakes & sugar
1. For the waffles, place the oats into a food processor and blitz until you have a fine powder. Now add the remaining waffle ingredients and blitz until fully combined. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat the waffle machine, as per instructions and grease with the cooking spray. Ladle the waffle batter into the centre of the waffle machine and bake to your liking. Keep the waffles warm in the oven until needed.
3. For the Hollandaise, boil a large pan of water and reduce the heat to a simmer. Place the yogurt, egg yolks and lemon juice into a heatproof bowl that fits over the pan and beat with a large balloon whisk, stir in the garlic. Now stir frequently for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens, if the sauce does not thicken to your liken gradually add the cornflour (mix with some of the sauce before adding to the hollandaise).
4. In the meantime, prepare your poached eggs.
5. Now stir through the remaining ingredients, taste and add additional Dijon, salt, pepper, sugar and/or chilli flakes until you get your desired taste.
6. Place the waffles onto serving plates and top with a poached egg and a good serving of hollandaise. Enjoy!
· Check out the link for stockists of St Helen’s Farm Goats milk yogurt http://www.sthelensfarm.co.uk/where-buy
Recipe commissioned by St Helen’s farm, as always all opinions our my own.