We have been enjoying homemade lemonade on tap for the past couple of weeks. It is so so hot (seriously, it is over 100F every single day, with not a drop of rain in site), and nothing screams summer quite like some homemade lemonade. We are so lucky to be able to use lemons and peaches from our own yard…now all I need is to convince the hubby to let me do some bee-keeping and we are in business. With peaches in season right now, you should be able to pick some up at a good price from the local farmers market, or supermarket.
This fresh peach and honey lemonade couldn’t get any easier to put together. You pretty much pop everything into the blender and just blend it up until everything is all smooth and delicious. If you want to make sure it is super smooth, then you might want to remove the fuzz from the peach before blending. For a foolproof method on how to do so check out my tips here: How To Perfectly Peel a Peach.
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup local honey (more to taste)
- 6 cups filtered water
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- To a high powered blender add the peaches, lemon juice, honey and 2 cups of water. Blend on high until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Pour into a large jug and add in the remaining water. Stir to combine and taste for sweetness – add more honey if needed
for full instruction please see : www.wholefoodbellies.com