Hey guys! Des from Life’s Ambrosia here and today I’ve brought with me a sweet treat that is perfect for all of your holiday get togethers: Eggnog Poke Cake. If you love eggnog around this time of year you are going to love, love, LOVE this cake. Not only is it festive and scrumptious but it is beyond easy to make.
Easy to make desserts are always a winner during the holiday season. If you’re throwing a party, you want a dessert that your guests will rave about but doesn’t require you spending all of your time in the kitchen getting it ready. That is where with Eggnog Poke Cake comes in handy.
If you have never tried a poke cake, you use a box cake mix, pudding or sweetened condensed milk and usually some kind of whipped cream topping. Most recipes that I have seen floating around the internet called for Coolwhip and in a pinch that would totally work, but I am kind of a sucker for homemade whipped cream so that’s what I did for this recipe.
- 1 box moist yellow cake mix
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE CAKE
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- sprinkles (if desired)
- Bake cake according to package directions for 13×9 inch cake.
- Remove cake from oven and use a straw or handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the warm cake about 1 inch apart.
- Whisk together the pudding and eggnog just until mixed.
- Working quickly before the pudding starts to set, pour the pudding over the top of the cake.
for full recipes please see : ohsweetbasil.com