I innovate a lot with egg recipes and I have written nearly 20 recipes on it, as my eldest son is not very fond of eggs and but I insist a lot on eggs due to high protein content in it, which is essential for kids growth and development.
This is a very simple and common poach egg recipe but served in a very different and yummy way, trust me it’s not only kids who love this recipe but all your family members will fall for it.
Do try it and let your kids be your biggest fan.
Serves: 1 slice of egg toast
1 cheese slice
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp butter
1small finely chopped onion
1 small finely chopped tomato
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
chopped green onion leaves
salt to taste
1. In pan, add oil and butter, saute onion till translucent don’t turn it brown. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook on high flame till it becomes little soft, don’t make it mushy.
2. Add salt and pepper and keep aside.
3. In same pan, add little more oil, crack the egg and make poach egg. Add salt and pepper and keep aside.
4. In toaster (I used toaster) or in pan, crisp the bread (crispiness depends on your preference, I like to make it quite crispy).
5. Apply butter over the bread, keep cheese slice.
6. Over cheese slice add hot egg and top with onion-tomato mix.
7. Keep this slice on pan and cover for just 1-2 minute to melt the cheese. (This step is optional, I follow this step in winters as cheese takes time to melt during cold.)
8. Garnish with coriander leaves or spring onion or top more cheese and serve crisp and hot.
1. Saute onion with some butter and oil till it becomes sweaty don’t turn it brown.
2. Add tomatoes cook for just 1-2 minutes on high flame till it’s water is absorbed.
3. Add salt and pepper. Turn off the flame and keep aside.
4. Toast the bread in toaster or on pan, as much as crisp as you want.
5. Apply some butter on bread and place one cheese slice.
6. Make poach egg, add salt and pepper and place this hot egg over cheese slice. Top it with onion-tomato mix.
7. You can add extra cheese on top. Garnish with spring onion, drizzle some sauce and serve hot.
8. Yummyyy…isn’t it?