I have used very basic and easily available ingredients to make it super simple, especially for beginners.
500 ml milk
6 tbsp custard powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup (200 ml) condensed milk
1/4 cup sugar
20-25 marie biscuits (may vary depending on the size of serving dish)
In a bowl mix together custard powder and cocoa powder in about 1/2 room temperature milk. Whisk it well so that no lumps are formed (Below picture of this mix is not clear, please excuse).
In heavy bottomed pan, mix together milk and condensed milk. Add sugar. Bring it to boil. Add mixed custard and cocoa powder slurry. For more darker colour you can add some dark chocolate cubes.
Whisk well and keep stirring on low flame to avoid burning. Once it’s thick turn off the flame.
Take large serving dish, place biscuits on base, pour chocolate custard mix, place more biscuits on top and again pour chocolate mix. Repeat the process till you have space and chocolate mix.
Top with grated chocolate and keep in fridge to set for minimum 4-5 hours.
1. Mix together custard powder, cocoa powder in about 1/2 cup room temperature milk.
2. Mix together milk and condensed milk in heavy bottomed pan. Add sugar. Bring it to boil.
3. Once its boiled add custard cocoa slurry.
4. Cook till its thick.
5. Layer biscuits in bottom.
6. Pour chocolate custard mix.
7. Another layer of biscuit.
8. Keep repeating and end with chocolate custard layer. Grate some chocolate on top.
9. Top with some white chocolate chips.
10. Slice and serve.