This is one of the best Crockpot dessert recipes I have ever made. It’s nice to be able to bake a cake without the oven, but this Crockpot Peanut Butter Cup Cake kicks it up to a whole new level.
You are going to need to gather your ingredients and get your crockpot ready. I used my large 6 qt crockpot, and it was perfect. Honestly, I don’t think this would work as good in a smaller crockpot.
In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
You can make this gluten free by using a gluten free cake mix. In fact, try this homemade yellow cake mix recipe. You can make it regular or gluten free & it works perfectly in this recipe.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored syrupToppings
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavored syrup
- 20 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies unwrapped and cut in half
- Spray a 5- to 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter and the butter with electric mixer on low 30 speed seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl.
- Remove 2/3 cup of the batter to medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate syrup to make chocolate fudge batter.
- Spoon 1/2 of the peanut butter batter into the slow cooker, followed by all of the chocolate fudge batter. Top with remaining peanut butter batter. Swirl with a knife in a circular motion.
for full recipes please see : momswithcrockpots.com