– 1.5 lbs zucchini, diced
– 8 oz firm tofu
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup light coconut milk, or other non-dairy milk/creamer
– 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 lb farfalle
1. Get a large pot of salted water boiling (you will cook both the zucchini and the pasta in this water).
2. Meanwhile, crumble the tofu into a food processor with 1/2 cup of the coconut (or other) milk/creamer. Blend for a good 5 mins until very smooth, adding more liquid if needed.
3. When water is boiling, add zucchini and cook until tender (3-5 mins, depending on how big you diced your zucchini). Remove into a colander with a slotted spoon and drain/cool.
4. Add farfalle to the pot and cook until al dente.
5. Add zucchini and nutritional yeast to the food processor and pulse until blended (you want some texture). Add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional liquid if needed.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and serve.