In my opinion, the very best breakfasts are ones that can easily double as dessert.
A minimal amount of work, effort, and dish cleaning also makes for an ideal morning meal situation. No more than 2 dirty dishes before noon… it’s a law in our house.
The good news…? This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake is the delicious answer to all of our dessert-for-breakfast wants and needs!
And guess what else… it’s like, pretty healthy. This shake is loaded with protein packed almond milk, raw honey (so in love), a scoop of peanut butter, cocoa powder, cookies (what? YAY!), and a frozen banana. This is my go-to fix when I wake up craving sweets, but it’s also the perfect indulgence post heavy dinners. You know… when you still desire a little something something, but don’t want to go down the hot fudge sundae route.
Filling enough for breakfast, but equally ideal as an afternoon snack or guilt-free dessert, I just know you’re going to love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Breakfast Shake!A few quick notes before I go:
1) You can absolutely substitute the almond milk for skim milk, whole milk, or anywhere in between. I choose almond milk because it is low in calories, dairy free, and packed with protein. Also, I just prefer the taste over cow’s milk. That said, this chocolate peanut butter cookies and cream breakfast shake will work with pretty much any milk substitute, so ya know, do you 😉
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut into chunks, frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (preferably with no sugar added, but any brand will really do the job)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (more if desired)
- 3 Oreo cookies, filling removed (you can use any chocolate cream cookies you like here)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients in the body of your blender and pulse until completely smooth. Pour into glasses and serve/drink at once.
for full instruction please see : bakerbynature.com