Serves: 4-5 people
250 GM chopped mushroom
2 large finely chopped onions
4 large tomatoes
1/2 inch ginger
6-8 garlic pods
3-4 tbsp oil
3-4 tbsp butter
1/2 TSP cumin seeds (jeera)
2-3 bay leaf (tej pata)
1/2 inch cinnamon stick ( dalchini)
2-3 cloves ( laung)
2 TSP coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
1 TSP turmeric powder ( haldi powder)
1 TSP sugar
1 tbsp cashew paste ( blend together 7-8 cashew with 1/4 cup milk)
1 TSP kasuri meethi
1/2 cup fresh cream
Salt and red chili to taste
1. Heat oil, add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Let it crackle.
2. Add onions sauté till golden in color. Add ginger-garlic and some butter in it.
3. Puree tomatoes.
4. Once onions are brown, add tomato puree.
5. Add coriander powder, chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
6. Cook till oil start leaving the sides.
7. Add cashew paste.
8. Washed and chopped mushroom.
9. Add salt and sugar.
10. Cook on medium flame till half of the water released by mushroom is absorbed.
11. Add kasuri meethi.
12. Add fresh cream mix well and turn off the flame.
13. Serve hot.
1. Chop mushroom and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf, clove. Let it crackle.
3. Add finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic.
4. Add butter to it.
5. Saute till golden in color
6. Add roughly chopped tomatoes in blender.
7. Make puree.
8. Add in sauteed onions.
9. Coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder.
10. Cook it start leaving the sides of pan.
11. Add cashew milk paste. Mix well.
12. Add chopped mushroom, mix and add salt.
14. Roasted and crushed kasuri meethi.
15. Add cream.
16. Mix well and turn off the flame.
17. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
18. Drizzle some more cream and serve hot!