I love these cookies because they keep well longer than most cookies, they’re perfect for gifting and they’re such a pretty cookie.
They have a rich buttery flavor and a satisfying crisp tender texture, and anytime a chocolate dip is involved no one can turn them away.I made these two ways, the traditional flavor with vanilla extract then for a funfetti flavor (the white chocolate version with rainbow sprinkles) I added almond extract.
You can’t go wrong which ever route you go, even if you decide to skip the chocolate you’ll still have a perfectly delicious homemade cookie!
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, well softened
- 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract*
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 2 tsp milk, then more as needed
- Chocolate or candy melts, optional (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, sugar and salt until combined.
- Mix in egg yolks and vanilla.
for full recipes please see : www.cookingclassy.com