Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate? YES. Buckeye Turtle Brownies are an easy recipe that takes peanut butter and chocolate raises it with fudgy brownies, gooey caramel, pecan turtle topping.
In the world of food blogging there are plenty of fails. Recipes and ideas often play out perfectly in my head, but then in real life…not so much.
These Buckeye Turtle Brownies were created from trying to simplify a turtle candy recipe. In theory it was foolproof, but then, I hit some strike outs. (Full disclosure: A LOT🤨)
I couldn’t bear to thrown away another batch of caramels and pecans, so I whipped up my Stop Looking Brownie recipe, spread a fluffy peanut butter topping on, and drizzled a turtle topping on top.
- 1 9X13 brownie recipe, I use the Stop Looking Brownie Recipe
- Turtle Topping:
- 11 oz. bag of caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Peanut Butter Topping:
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. milk
- Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- fleur de sel, optional
- Bake your 9X13 brownie mix or recipe according to directions. If you are using the Stop-Looking Brownie recipe do not mix in the last cup of chocolate chips before baking. Cool brownies completely.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl place caramels and milk and heat on high for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes**, stopping to stir intermittently. Remove immediately just after caramels are almost smooth. Pour in chopped pecans, mix, and scoop in spoonfuls over brownies immediately. TIP: Use a piece of waxed paper greased with cooking spray to press down and spread. Don’t worry if it doesn’t cover brownies completely, you’ll be covering it with other layers.
for full recipes please see : www.mamagourmand.com