I’m not sure why the perfect egg-free brownie has been so elusive–that perfect blend of fudginess and chewiness without being to dry or crumbly. As you can see from the ingredient list, the answer is not very complicated at all. This is pure, unadulterated, vegan dessert.
– 2 cups all purpose flour (scooped and levelled)
– 2 cups sugar
– 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
– 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
– 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup oil
– 1 tbsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
1. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Bring yogurt, and non-dairy milk to just bubbling over medium heat. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Add oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry with a wooden spoon. Mixture will be thick but spreadable. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25-28 mins. Cool and serve.