I vowed that I would not buy any Easter candy until the week before Easter because of my lack of self control. Robin Eggs and Cadbury Eggs are my ultimate weakness. As a kid my mom used to buy crates of Cadbury eggs for our Easter baskets.
A couple of weeks ago our whole family was at Walmart to buy a friend a birthday toy and as we passed the Easter candy I waved John on and told him I would catch up them…I needed a moment. Just me and the Easter candy. I’m glad no one was watching me just stare and caress all the candy. I’ve got problems…
If you are anything like me you are already planning your Easter Menu. If you have company and need breakfast ideas I love this Gorilla Bread. These blueberry muffins would be great as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of one lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tin with foil liners (they prevent greasy bottoms) or spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Mix dry ingredients and set aside. With a mixer beat eggs, milk and butter. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix or you will have big cracks in your muffins. Stir in blueberries gently. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops just start to brown.
- For the Topping: Combine butter and lemon juice for the topping. While the muffins are still warm, dip the tops in the butter and lemon juice, then dip in sugar.
for full instruction please see : www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com